A Blog of Individualism, Originality and Self Expression from a Daydreamer with a Big Imagination

Monday, December 13, 2010

You Got Problems? I Went Thru Disco

disco music humor
I cant believe I had to go through the disco era. What I cant believe even more is I actually had a good time. I almost regret stealing all of those funny gaudy photos of me my mother had in high heel men's platform shoes with white pants and psychedelic swirly silk shirts. Its a shame at the time I didn't have an appreciation for them and set them ablaze. Now from a comedy standpoint I wish I had them back, but that will never happen. I actually know Spencer Gibb, son of Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees who created mainstream disco. Spencer has his own band here in Austin named 54 seconds.

There is not many of you out there that can honestly say you danced to songs named the disco duck and disco inferno. Oh yes I did and I am glad you weren't there to see it. Even though some forms of disco supposedly started in New York earlier in the 70's It seemed disco just came out of nowhere and people went crazy over it when the 1977 movie Saturday Night Fever starring John Travolta with the Bee Gees soundtrack brought disco to the forefront overnight.

I cant say I hate disco. Its just one of those things where you had to go through it to really understand. It was really funny to watch some of those people trying to dance like John Travolta did in the movie. They were probably thinking the same thing about me.

So Please, Don't Tell Me Your Problems, I Had To Go Through Disco

0 comments: