A Blog of Individualism, Originality and Self Expression from a Daydreamer with a Big Imagination

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cigarette Companies Love Me To Death

tobacco companies kill peopleWhen I was a teenager I stole my first cigarette from my mom. I wouldn't dare tell her that now for the simple reason she would feel guilty for the rest of her life. Why? She smoked cigarettes for less than a month. She tried them, didn't like them and never smoked again. It just so happens that was the month I started smoking. They were on the table next to the sofa so I took one. 35 years later I am still hooked.




What got me hooked was the euphoric high sensation my 1st cigarette gave me. Great little buzz for a 13 year old. I guess you can say it was the very 1st time I ever got high. After you blaze through about ten packs you no longer get the buzz, but then its too late to stop, you are addicted. That's what happened to me.


I am angry with myself because I started smoking to begin with. My daughter also started smoking in her teens so I am also cursed with guilt from that. I feel guilty because I used to smoke around her and I am almost certain that it is the the reason she started. Monkey see, Monkey do. Anything I can do to convince anyone to not start smoking makes me feel better. it is a complete waste of money and health.

Little did I know when I lit up that 1st cigarette It would be the start of a bad habit that I would struggle with all of my life. It's easy to say 'just quit" when you are not addicted to them.


cigarette smoker humor
It Doesn't Matter, People Would Still Smoke


I wish I had a penny for every butt I see
#  Cigarette Butts are the most common form of litter in the United States.
#  It can take up to 10 years for a cigarette butt to decompose.
#  The tar in cigarette butts are toxic and can filter into our waterways.

My Questions, Thoughts
# Do cigarette company executives smoke? If they don't it should be mandatory they do.
# Have you ever run out of cigarettes and just went to sleep because you didn't have any ?
# Are your teeth so brown from smoking they match your maple coffee table?
# Is there a convenience store that does not sell cigarettes ?
# Does spending $50.00 a week, $200.00 a month, $2,400.00 a year for pack a day smoker's sound like a good investment ?
# Have you ever hugged a smoker and it reminded you of a campfire ?

Funny Quotes About Smoking
I think Ozzy Osbourne's quote tells how addictive cigarettes really are.
" I quit the futtin herion but I couldn't quit the futtin fags"

Mark Twain:
"Giving up smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times"

Brooke Shields
"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life".
(during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign)


You wont ever see a tobacco company asking for a government bailout
# There are 1.4 billion smokers worldwide
# 10 million cigarettes are sold every minute worldwide
# Half of all smokers will die a tobacco related death
# Globally every 8 seconds someone dies from tobacco use
# Cigarettes contain low levels of radioactive lead
# One in 5 teens 13 to 15 years old smoke cigarettes


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I dig your post about smoking man. I wish I could quit. Check out my humorous post about the utility of a cigarette vs. the utility of an iphone (I'm trying to quit one for the other) http://hedonistwithamoralcompass.blogspot.com/